After you’ve found a reliable contractor for your roofing project, the next step is the installation. The process can last from a few days to weeks, depending on the size of your roof. Either way, you should prepare your home before the construction begins.
In today’s post, your local roof repair and replacement expert, Sully-Jones Roofing, shares tips on how to get your home ready for roof installation.
1. Trim Your Grass – Do this before the installation begins. This will make it easier for workers to utilize a magnetic nail finder to find nails and staples that may have fallen during the construction. Your car may accidentally run over roofing nails, causing flat tires. Worse, someone may step on the nails.
2. Move Your Vehicles – Consider parking your car somewhere else during the replacement. This prevents debris from falling on valuable items as the workers clean debris off of your roof. Hire a reputable residential roof replacement contractor to ensure your entire property is protected. At Sully-Jones Roofing, we are trusted by over 20,000 homeowners so you can be assured your home stays safe with us.
3. Cover Furniture – Lay a tarp or plastic sheeting on the items in your attic. Gaps in the deck can allow debris like dirt, nails and shingles to settle on the insulation and furniture. It will be easier to clean the attic after the replacement.
4. Remove Wall Decors – Remove photos and decorations from the wall because they can fall off while the construction is ongoing.
5. Move or Cover Plants – Place potted and hanging plants away from the site and cover outdoor plants with tarp or plastic.
When it’s time to replace your roof, you can count on Sully-Jones Roofing. We are your leading provider of roof replacement services. We also offer commercial roofing installation and maintenance. Call us at (619) 312-4018 or complete our online form for a free inspection and estimate. We work with homeowners in San Diego, CA.